Checklist – Claim on your Pet Insurance
- Check your pet insurance policy to make sure the treatment is covered.
- Contact your insurance company as soon as possible to notify them of the claim.
- Download a claim form usually available from the Pet insurance company website.
- Keep and copy all payment invoices from your veterinarian. The originals may need to be sent to the Insurance company with the claim form.
- Complete the claim form as per the insurers instructions.
- Make sure and get the name of the person you talked to when you make your initial contact to the insurance company including direct telephone numbers or telephone extension
- Ask for a Claims Reference Number or a file reference number
- Keep thorough records including the dates and times of all your communications with the Pet Insurer
- Ensure that you write down everything and send an email to the company detailing your conversation
- When you make a claim on your pet insuranceIf you may need to send original receipts or documents, do so by registered post or by courier.
Please note different insurance companies may follow slightly different procedures for making a claim on your pet insurance – make sure you read your policy and the insurance companies claim procedure before you fill in the claim form
Please follow and like us: